The Gandhi Hall was originally known as King Edward Hall, but H. H. Yeshwant Rao Holkar II (reign: 1926 - 1948) renamed it in 1948, after the death of Mahatma Gandhi ! This town hall was designed & constructed by architect Mr. Charles Frederick Stevens from Mumbai at a cost of Rs. 2,50,000 and was inaugurated by Prince of Wales, George V in 1905 ! It was made in the Indo-Gothic style, made of White stones from Seoni & Red stones from Patan in M. P., has magnificent domes and minarets, and a huge clock-tower !
This town hall, known as Gandhi Hall, is a major venue for art and cultural exhibitions, with a central hall of capacity to accommodate 2,000 people and grounds for even bigger events ! The State Government lights up this building in tri-colour on all three national festivals !
Check out more on IndoreRocks.com for Indore's best restaurants, food festivals, offers, hotels, events, cinemas, movies, attractions, places to visit, and much more !!